Accomplishments of the Education Committee:
- 2009: New copier for Castlebay: $4,000
- 2008: 6 laptops and projectors, one for each grade; $5,000.
- 2007: TVs w/DVD/VCR players for each classroom: $6,000.
- Purchased DLP projector for Castlebay Elementary School January 2007, $500.
- Purchased 36 CPUs for Castlebay Elementary School's computer lab. June 2006
- Purchased 2 portable sinks for Little Shepherd Learning Center the Preschool at Shepherd of the Hills Church. These will be located in 2 classrooms that do not have sinks and will enable faster clean up and a healthier level of sanitation for the children - January 2006
- Purchased 5 computers for Castlebay Lane Elementary and 4 for the YMCA after school program - December 2005
- Invited and held Towne Hall meeting with LAUSD Superintendent of Schools Roy Romer and LAUSD Board Members John Lauritzen and Julie Kornstein - November 2005
- Requested and received curb cuts for 4 curbs near Castlebay Elementary - Fall 2005
Sue Hammarlund, Board Member, presents DLP projector to Thea Carlson from Castlebay PATH and Vivian Ihori, Castlebay Lane Elementary School Principal January 9, 2007.
June 2006: Vivian Ihori, Principal of Castlebay Elementary, a California Distinguished School, presents a thank you award to PRNC board members: Paul Drogichen, Becky Leveque and Sue Hammarlund (L-R).
June 2006: PRNC Education Committee Members, Castlebay Principal and Computer Lab Teacher celebrate the arrival of the new CPUs.
Sue Hammarlund and Elaine Woo (taking the photo) of the Education Committee deliver computers paid for by the PRNC to Vivian Ihori, Principal of Castlebay Lane Elementary-December 2005.